Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Launch

Summer DIY Projects

Oh how we love a good party. We are partying with Kara over at Elements Interiors with a little re-mix from our very first post. Take a look at these amazing vintage bottles and see how Patti was able to turn them into beautifully upcycled pieces of art. 


Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

Welcome to our blog and our very first post!

We begin with a problem that affects most bloggers, ..... keeping things "all bottled up".
Have you ever held something inside until the pressure becomes so great that you just have to pop your cork?



 Just like a champagne bottle!

Today we POP our cork and launch our blog with, (drum roll, please).....

  


                                                
Yep, the thing we try to put a cork in is our creative voice, but sometimes it just becomes so strong that you can no longer fight it. After spending a year or so traveling from blog to blog, in awe of the creative genius that we found, we decided to get our feet wet and share our lives, passions and creative endeavors with you. The first of which is, bottles.

These bottles are crafted with bits and baubles that I collect. 

       
This first bottle called to me after I finished some very relaxing bath salts. Then, being the pack rat that I am, I just could not throw it away. The cork stopper was long gone so the hunt was on for an appropriate topper. Hey, did you know that you can "BUY" stoppers at the craft store?!?! Well, good thing I didn't because I found this beautiful old glass door knob that fits just perfectly. The lace I tea stained myself to get that perfect old faded color, and the cameos, (don't you just love cameostrès romantique!) are from my collection of vintage jewelry. I was then on a mission for the perfect ribbon. It had to be wire because, being a lefty, my bows all look upside down!

Yet I digress, .......                                TA DA!!!!!!!!!


Many others were to follow, but it always has to be just the right bottle matched with just the right jewels.


















Right now I have an idea for something with black velvet and pearls. So-o-o ........




           What do you think? Now release your creative spirit and show us what has you .....
                          
"ALL BOTTLED UP"


Next post: "To shine, or not to shine?"  That is the question.


Thank you for joining us at this wonderful summer bash. We hope you enjoyed your visit. Please show some love and leave a comment.

Thank you Kara for hosting this wonderful party, we really had a great time!



Also be sure to check us out at
 Passionately Artistic!


[linkingpartybadge copy[5].jpg]



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very lovely post.

lvroftiques said...

Hi P&P!
Not sure which P I'm talking too? *winks* Welcome to the blogasphere! Good to have ya! And glad you finally took the plunge. I LOVE your beautiful bottles!! So I have to ask do you sell them? ...Yes you can tell that I'm a treasure hunter lol! And those are some fabulous treasure! Even if you don't I'm all kinds of inspired, and can't wait to see what you'll share next! Your newest follower Vanna

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your bottles are just gorgeous. So unique and so beautifully decorated. Thanks also for your visits and lovely comments. Welcome to blogland. Hugs, Marty

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi there, congratulations on your first post. I'm loving all those gorgeous bottles. Can't wait to get to know more about you.
xxx
Marlene

Janine said...

These are absolutely beautiful! I don't even know where to begin. I am going to promote you on my blogs, everyone needs to see these!

Janine

Terah Ware said...

I am so excited about this blog! Love to meet people with the same interests! Can't wait for more posts!

La said...

Your bottles are absolutley gorgeous. Good luck with your blog!

Kathy said...

It's nice to find your blog, I LOVE your photos. The bottles are great emblished with all those treasures. We began blogging about the same time and I can tell you are lovin it. Congratulations, drop by for a visit.
Kathy

Cindy Adkins said...

Hello P & P,
I'm looking at some of your older posts. Wow - these bottles are gorgeous!! Love them!
Cindy

jackman said...

free robux 2020
With regards to roblox, we as a whole need a full encounter. What forestalls robloxians to have it is the absence of capital for purchasing robux. This new roblox hack for robux is a genuine distinct advantage. It can undoubtedly convey free robux into your record without paying a dime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ivy and Elephants
Gratitude is the Memory of the Heart ~ French Proverb ~ We are so grateful that you stopped by ~ Please visit again soon! ~ Much Love, Patricia and Paula