Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sheer Vanity

What's It Wednesday #168


This Spring I have been super busy working on decorating projects for the master bedroom and bath. 

My last project was this gallery wall on my husband's side of the room that I featured on the Pretty as a Picture post.

It was finally time for my side of the room. This has been a planning project in the works for months. I had been on Houzz and fell in love with the idea of a vanity instead of a night stand. (Shhhhhhh! you can see the next project in the mirror - my reading nook)

She was actually harder to find then I thought. She had to be the right height since I am quite tall. I learned that it was better to find one with a stool. I wanted it to be the right color and the right price. 

It was love at first sight. She met all the specs I was looking for. It took a few months to find her but she was worth the struggle of looking for her. The added bonus was that she came with a tri-fold mirror instead of a one piece mirror. She has five drawers which is more then I will ever need.

I lost her 3 times. As soon as it was in stock it would sell out in a matter of hours because of course you know at first I hemmed and hawed and hesitated. I finally asked for an email alert of when it would be back in stock. That last time I was ready to pounce and 3 days later she was delivered home. The delivering included free shipping. I was thrilled.

She was everything all the reviewers said she was and more. Immediately I dolled her up with an orchid, picture, clock, vanity mirrored tray and other accessories.

Now hubby won't complain about me hogging up all the space in the bathroom to put on makeup.

I am so excited to have her by my side. To find the right dressing table I was motivated by sheer vanity.

xoxoxo
Paula
Thanks to all of you who partied with us last week. Please link up and join us again. Remember, it's not a party without you!

Here Are This Week's Features:

Don't Forget to Add a Feature Button!
Ivy and Elephants


We are partying with these fine folks:
Come show off your whatchamacallits, what is its, what it once was, and "hey, look what I just did" posts. In other words, what you created, organized, designed or re-designed, found, purchased, transformed, inherited, re-purposed, renovated, are selling, or giving away.

26 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Your new vanity is lovely. It was worth the wait. Thank you for Whats It Wednesday.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I had a vanity when I was a teenager, and I've always wanted another. They really do help gather all your things in one spot, plus, its such a pretty way to treat yourself. Your vanity is beautiful with a classic design that will last for years!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I've always loved the idea of using a non-traditional piece of furniture as a nightstand, and in fact did just that in a bedroom in the past. Having a vanity definitely serves double duty! It's beautiful and yes, it was worth the wait.

Terra said...

Your new vanity and its mirrors are very pretty and elegant, and I like the classy photo gallery on the wall that you created.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

The new vanity looks great! Your patience paid off!

Poppy said...

So pretty, Paula, and so beautifully decorated, too. Thanks for the party and wishing you a wonderful week!

Poppy

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

What a beautiful vanity! Thank you for sharing.
Wishing you a blessed week.
Penny

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Beautiful piece!

Deanies Stash said...

Paula, it looks like it was made for that spot! It is beautiful. Thank you for hosting this party!

Hugs,
Dianne

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Love your new vanity, Paula. Great choice. xoox Su

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

You have a great eye for putting it all together and your vanity is no exception! What a wonderful addition! Thanks for hosting another fabulous party!

Celestina Marie said...

Love your new vanity. It was worth searching and waiting for. It looks gorgeous with all your wonderful touches. Thanks for sharing the idea too.
Hugs, CM

Alessandra said...

Your new vanity looks gorgeous and very feminine. I love all the romantic accessories.
HUgs
Alessandra

Bente said...

So beautiful. Love your new vanity and the pretty things you decorated with.
Hugs from here

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Love vanities! Especially as I get older it would be nice to sit while fixing myself up--esp since the process itself now takes longer lol!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Thank you, Paula, for hosting. I love your vanity. I'm glad you found her..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

It's GORGEOUS!

I too have used a vanity for years....once one does, one must forever. : - )

Yours is so nice. Well done, ma'am!!! Bravo!

Burlap Luxe said...

Love the gallery wall, I too have been wanting to do just that on the side wall of my master bedroom, but better yet is that vanity of beauty. What a place that beauty can be at hand. Love your space Paula, a space to love.

Xoxo
Dore

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Love the gallery wall and appreciate the searching. The vanity instead of a nightstand/side table is intriguing and gorgeous,
xx,
Vera

ileana-carmen said...

Hello,
Your new vanity looks beautiful.
Thank you for hosting us.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I really like the idea of a vanity next to your bed, too. Your accessories are so lovely, too! Glad you found her. :)

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Thank you so much Patti for your most welcome visit and kind words... so very happy you enjoyed!
Blessings,
Penny

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

The vanity looks really pretty! Next to the bed is a perfect spot! Thank you so much for hosting!

Kameel huise tussen spore said...

Thanks for hosting such wonderful get togethers.
Your orchid looks stunning.
Love the way you have decorated your room
Lots of blessings from South Africa

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you Patti, for taking the time this early Morning to share some of your visiting time with me, your comment and visit was a big joy!

I would love to do a gallery wall like this, perhaps one with a bank of old canvases?
Have a great week with all the newness it inspires for you.

Xoxo
Dore

Pura Vida said...

Of course it's pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ivy and Elephants
Gratitude is the Memory of the Heart ~ French Proverb ~ We are so grateful that you stopped by ~ Please visit again soon! ~ Much Love, Patricia and Paula