Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cloche Encounters

 This week is all about the cloche! (There’s a big party don’t cha know!) It’s been a blast running around putting everything under glass. 

 I placed a couple of bathing beauties, strings of pearls, seashells, and a whole lotta bling as the base. And what beauty would be caught dead without a mirror?

 Next step, a topper. This is the key and beaded tassel from my secretary, and inside a gorgeous ivory finial from my lamp. (Looks like stalactite dripping from a cave ceiling, right?)

 I’m calling this one the siren's cave. I love how the beads cascading down look like seaweed. Watch out Little Mermaid!

 This little angel is cute as is. I just draped some pearls around him and plopped on the cloche. Cute!

 This is a French cloche called a Globe de Mariée. A bride would have one made upon her marriage. To see others click here

 This one includes the original orange blossom headdress.

 I had so much fun making the first cloche that I just had to try my hand at it again. I really wanted to think outside the box on this one. I used an old glass magnifier,

 A lovely pressed glass ashtray,

 Hmm… what to magnify? Why of course! This pretty little Georgian lover’s eye pin! 

 These were jewels that could be worn without revealing the lover’s identity. Romantic, huh? Voilà! I love it! 

 Until next time, I’ve got my eye on you. 

While we’ve got our eyes wide open let’s peek in at Paula’s and see what’s under her cloche.

Patti

First up is my elephant and roses cloche. Cloches, bell jars, and glass domes are a perfect way to highlight an object of your fancy. I just love porcelains. Porcelains with roses are one of my favorites.  

This vintage coffee pot from India is small enough to display in a cloche. I like to rotate my vintage import pieces giving each piece an opportunity to debut.

My favorite type of ironstone is Red Cliff. My favorite of the red cliff are the ones with the little grapes. This little Tureen was a bargain buy without its ladle. 

Have you ever seen these small dessert cloches and wondered "What can I put in there?" Well the answer is pretty much anything small. Patti and I were visiting a local orchid nursery and they were selling this orchid, from Thailand, in a painted wooden container. Can you believe that that orchid is soap? 

Here is another porcelain piece with roses on the front. I can't wait to show you the rest of the porcelain collection. 


 Thank you for joining us for our cloche encounters, we will be linking to the following blogs:


Masterpiece Monday @
Amaze Me Monday @
Show Off Your Cottage Monday @
Wow Us Wednesday @
Share the Love Wednesday @
French Inspiration Thursday @
Club G.W. @
Thrifty Thursday@
Open House Party Thursdays @
Pearls and Lace Thursdays @
Vintage ThingieThursday @
Vintage Inspiration Friday @
Inspiration Friday @
Fridays Unfolded @
Feathered Nest Friday @
Home Sweet Home @
Thrifty Things Friday @
Show and Tell Friday @


 
Patti & Paula

This post has been featured!

Boogieboard Cottage

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti and Paula. I thouroughly enjoyed your cloches and had a giggle for the title...very cool, very cool....hehe. I missed the cloche party but am so thrilled to land here and learn and enjoy. Love your wonderful cloche's and the ensembles... I will look at my cloches with new eyes for sure...

Veronica
www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Gorgeous cloches and domes! Enjoyed!

Miss Kitty said...

Girls, girls, girls...those are AMAZING. I loved looking (and admiring) each and every cloche display. Thanks you SO MUCH for sharing your photos. AND the title for your entry at the Cloche party is very clever!

Barb said...

Paula and Patti, goodness gracious....just lovely. What a touch you have. So gracious and just gorgeous!

Have a wonderful day.

Barb ♥

Karyn said...

Hi Patti! Your "siren's cave" is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the beautiful whatnots and baubles you've added. I love that you added the key to your secretary, but I think it would make my eye twitch to do that, lol. I'd be nervous about losing it. And your Globe de Mariée... I love them. They are so beautiful. If only I could afford one :) And the lover's eye pin is such a treasure.

Hi Paula!

I love the little coffee pot! It's wonderful. And the little cloche with the Orchid Soap... No... I can't believe that it's not real... What a great idea... Especially for a bathroom! Such great ideas!

Have a nice week ladies!

Karen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, I am in total awe. YOur displays are absolutely magnificent. I just drooled over how intricate and lovely they are. Such beautiful displays. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your cloches are so romantic.

Dee

romance-of-roses said...

I had not visited in awhile so decided to visit today. I was amazed at your bird cages and now at the cloches, all your displays are awesome.
Smiles...Lu

vicki archer said...

These cloches are full of beautiful and unique surprises....xv

Sue said...

So glad I stopped by as I love your very pretty displays! I'm a vintage/antique/Victorian lover also and I do love your taste in what is pretty. I'm your newest follower and would love to have you stop by my blog also. I am so going to find some cloches and add those to my decoration interests.
Blessings,
Sue

lvroftiques said...

Yayyyyyyy!! It's working today and you're back to normal!! At least from my view *winks*

Patti that siren's cave cloche is absolutely exquisite!! Took my breath away...made me swoon....you get the picture? My jaw is still on the ground and I saved every shot to my special Ivy & Elephants style file *winks* And of course the french brides dome is also fabulous!! (No surprise I adore that one!) In such beautiful shape too. And the georgian lovers eye pin....Oh be still my heart! I've seen them on rare occasion but never knew what they were....Here goes another collection! So needless to say I LOVED this post!! (And truly could almost lick the screen... shhhhhh don't tell!)

Paula where did you find that darling little red cliff tureen?!! Oh me wanty! I adore red cliff too! I have a couple of the larger soup tureens but now I'll be keeping my eyes open for the gravy size *winks*....OK I'm a little light headed from all this yummmm!! I'm dyin' to go shopping!! Vanna

Unknown said...

lovely!! All of it!

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing your cloches on Masterpiece Monday at Boogiebord Cottage, loved it! I've featured it this week on my top ten fav picks. Have great day, Mary :O)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

They're all great, but I love the bathing beauty with the jewelry, and that vintage coffee pot is too cool. Just as I predicted, you guys are over 100 followers already.

LV said...

What a great idea you had for all your cloches. You put it all together so nicely.

Jeanne said...

Your cloche ideas are charming. I love what you did with each one. I did find some of those tiny ones. I put small pieces of stone fruit in them. I do enjoy finding various uses for mine. I will use some of your ideas for sure.
Hugs, Jeanne

VintageGramma said...

What wonderful cloches and so unique! I love the siren's cave. Looking great as always!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi ladies! All of the cloches are fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing these at my Open House party.
xo,
Sherry

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

What wonderful ideas you have come up with, great inspiration and I love your title to this post. Very clever! Have a great weekend x Sharon

Bohemian said...

Your Bathing Beauties Cloche display is gorgeous!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

The Charm of Home said...

Very nicely done ladies. I love the mermaid. The French wedding cloches I didn't learn about until I started blogging. They are so amazing. Thanks for linking it up at HSH!
Sherry

Lilla Blanka said...

Hi!
I love your ideas with the cloches!!!
Thank you for your kind words <3
XO
Mia

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Gals, these are just beautiful! The French Bridal cloche is just amazing. thanks for the lovely inspiration. xoxo Debra

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti and Paula,
Gorgeous vignettes!! I adore them all!
Hope you both have a lovely weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Diann said...

The cloches are all so pretty and unique! what fun you must have had putting them together! Thank you for joining TTF and have a wonderful Weekend!

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

I am so blown away everytime I come by, i didn't even know what a cloche was till now. I love the Siren's cave immensely and the eye pin. Have a great weekend gals. hank you for stopping by my blog as well, it means a lot.

Lisa xx

Doni said...

How exciting to have you join me for Pearls and Lace Thursday! I'm off to look at your blog, but I've enjoyed the cloch party!!! Thanks so much for finding me, for now I've found YOU!!
Blessings, Doni

Lydia said...

VERY catchy title. Cloche's do make whatever is under them more important. Good job on the visual demonstration.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Your cloche's are so charming and pretty! The sirens cave is so unique and love the sweet pitcher~ Thanks for sharing at FNF :)

The Tablescaper said...

These are so beautiful. Until I read this post, I didn't realize there were two of you behind this blog. You do an amazing job.

- The Tablescaper

Stacey said...

so creative and beautiful! thanks for stopping by my blog recently too:-)

Brandi said...

Your displays are beautiful and so unique! Have a great week, ladies.

Zelda said...

Loving the Cloche and loving your blog!

Candy S said...

I was fascinated by the cloches in your post that I happened upon today. They are so beautiful. So much creativity. I have really enjoyed looking at them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ivy and Elephants
Gratitude is the Memory of the Heart ~ French Proverb ~ We are so grateful that you stopped by ~ Please visit again soon! ~ Much Love, Patricia and Paula