Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 1, 2011

Feeling Cagey Part I



Click here to enter and win this beautiful bird cage cloche

It is summer time and we are “feeling cagey” over here at Ivy & Elephants.  We may not have any feathered friends, but since Patti and I are birds of a feather and love to flock together we feather our nests with beautiful collections of bird cages.


This asian import sits atop my secretary desk. That butterfly thinks it's a butterfly cage and not a bird cage.


This little number was imported all the way from my local Home Goods Store. The bromeliad adds wonderful color to the entry way.





These Golden Globes look wonderful in a beautiful bird cage, even on a rainy day such as this one.


While out shopping one day I saw this little bird cage that is used for jewelry. See the holes in the leaves? Those are for earrings, and the hooks are for necklaces. Then I remembered that I had a collection of miniature porcelain tea sets and well, voila. Talk about thinking outside the box, I mean cage. This bird cage sits in my bathroom window.

This bird cage came from a local antique shop and has the most beautiful flowers and leaves around the rim. It is the perfect place for my orchids.

There you have it, a bird’s eye view of how I use bird cages in and outside of my home. Don’t fly too far because you are in for a real treat. Stay tuned for Feeling Cagey Part II with Patti.


Share with us what great things you do with your bird cages.




We are spreading our wings and partying with the following chickadees:


Please join Us!




We were recently  awarded the Stylish  Blogger Award by two fabulous ladies: Rosemary at Villabarnes and Honey at 2805.    
We are first to reveal 7 things about ourselves (Patti & Paula)
Well here we go.
  1. Grateful to God for all that He continues to bless us with
  2. We have been neighbors 3 times
  3. We love antiquing (Okay y’all knew that already)
  4. Both of us are mother’s of one child (Patti has a daughter and Paula has a son)
  5. Great books are our passion
  6. We love to garden once a year, and we mean ONCE a year
  7. We both want to write books
We are truly grateful for this award because we are new bloggers and old blog voyeurs. Upon receiving this award we are to choose 7 recipients for the same award. Now this is a hard one because there are about 700 blogs we would choose. Drum roll please...


(Be sure to click on the links and visit each one of these fabulous blogs)

23 comments:

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

This is such a great idea. I am also a bird cage lover, but really never thought of putting a plant in one. I always thought that it would rust and ruin my bird cage, but I am definitely going to try it. i love the idea.
I especially like the one that is a jewelry holder. And in your bathroom window, very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love vintage birdcages, what a beautiful display.
Hugs Rosemary...

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Paula, thanks so much for visiting today! I love your birdcages, you have such a wonderful way to use all of them. Happy weekend! xo Lidy

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

Some lovely ideas for birdcages. Thanks for sharing. I love birdcages, I also devoted a whole post to them recently! Have a happy 4th. x Sharon

Rebecca said...

Hello
All your cages are great and you have used them in such creative ways. I especially like the painted cage that holds jewelry.
Wishing you a great Fourth]
Blessings
Rebecca

VintageGramma said...

How beautiful, I love the jewelry stand! Wonderful ideas as always!! :)

Brandi said...

beautiful, I love your birdcage displays.

Honey at 2805 said...

What lovely ideas - you are cagey. Stop by to see how cagey I've been (it involves you)!

romance-of-roses said...

Hope this is not a repeat. I had left a comment but it disappeared. Ok, love the bird cages. I am your latest follower and like your blog very much.
Jewelry stand is very pretty, great idea you had.
Hugs...Lu

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Wow, I love your collection of birdcages... especially the jewelry stand... it looks sooo romantic. It was an amazing find. And I like how you displayed your flowers inside the cages... looks wonderful!Also I wanted to mention that your header picture is sooo beautiful.. loved it! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me and for your sweet comment. Enjoyed reading it. Happy Sunday to you!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Paula, All of your bird cages are wonderful and I especially love the one with your miniature tea sets. Thanks for linking to my party this week and have a great 4th!
Hugs,
Sherry

michele said...

loving the bromeliad in the cage! very original and charming. thanks so much for stopping by so i could visit you.

have a wonderful holiday.

michele

Vee said...

Very nice collection of birdcages. Very clever use of the necklace caddy with your miniature china collection. Love it!

Nancy said...

That is a lot of birdcages for one house. All are so well displayed. Nancy

French-Kissed said...

I have always had a fascination with bird cages... you certainly have a wonderful collection and I adore all of the ways you have incorporated them into your decor. Thanks so much for naming me to your list...such an honor and so nice to discover your beautiful blog.

Jermaine aka French Kissed

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Love the blue and white bird house! I think Martina's giveaway is fantastic. Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Have a great week!

Lina said...

Paula I love your blog and the pictures. I wish you much success and continue to prosper. I love your creativity and keep up the great work.

Love,
Sissy Lina

A Garden of Threads said...

Birdcages can be styled so many ways and love everyone of yours. Take care and have a great week:)

Suzy said...

Beautiful collection!

Mary said...

Oh what a pretty collection of birdcages! As I look around my house, I find that I have a few myself -- without knowing it, I guess I am collecting them, too! lol Thanks for sharing at MM. :)

lvroftiques said...

Paula Patti and Ashley your note made me teary eyed. I was so very very happy and touched by your sweet comment. This is the reason I blog.... to meet wonderful kind talented and inspiring people like you!
Congratulations on winning the Stylish Blogger award! I agree you three are stylish indeed! I'm bowing to you! *winks*

And thank you so much for thinking of (and including) me! I'm so honored!!

Ok now on to those bird chateaus! *winks* Of course I LOVE them! We do seem to love all the same things don't we my friends? Using the jewelry bird cage for the tiny porcelain tea sets was genius!! (Another to add to my Ivy & Elephants style file!) Love you guys! Vanna

At The Picket Fence said...

So much loveliness Paula! I'm sorry we are late in getting around to commenting but we sure do appreciate you linking this up to Inspiration Friday last weekend. :-) You have quite a beautiful collection there and I just can't believe you actually had that one imported all the way from Home Goods! LOL!
Vanessa
P.S. Loved learning a little bit more about you 2!

The Tablescaper said...

You have an amazing collection, but I think I'm parital to the blue and white ones!

- The Tablescaper

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ivy and Elephants
Gratitude is the Memory of the Heart ~ French Proverb ~ We are so grateful that you stopped by ~ Please visit again soon! ~ Much Love, Patricia and Paula