Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Coffee Break

What's It Wednesday #118


When we moved into our new home I told my husband I wanted a Coffee Bar. He just looked at me sideways. I spent the last year planning for it. In my mind it would be a place to go to grab a cup of tea or coffee in the mornings or a nice glass of wine at the end of the day.

The coffee bar started with the coffee cups. When the girls or even the guys come over, I wanted to be able to serve a nice beverage in a beautiful porcelain cup or nice heavy mug.

When entertaining one of my favorite teapots is this glass one from Crate and Barrel. The tiers of cake plates were a house warming gift from an Aunt. I have served cakes, cookies, pies and delicious chocolates from them.


Party City is the perfect place to shop for beautiful spoons that are actually plastic. Some even look like silver. They make great stirrers that you just throw away after its use. The Honey Straws are the perfect addition to any flavored tea you may have. 

I had wanted Keurig for a very long time. It takes up quite a bit of space in the kitchen so this was another reason I wanted a dedicated space for this machine. Well that's my excuse any way. I had hoped that Santa would have brought it for me last Christmas, but that was not the case. That was ok though. I was at Macy's at 6:00a.m. the day after Christmas getting the machine at a majorly discounted price. 
                     
While planning the coffee bar I discovered all kinds of cool things to add. I found these shaved chocolate toppers at William and Sonoma in white and milk chocolate and boy are they delicious.



Our guests, male and female, seem to like the sugar choices. They like the regular as well as the sugar cubes. I placed the sugar cubes in my antique pickle castor. 



The Coffee Bar also houses our wines. It is fortunate for us that we live near the southern most winery which is known for its unique variety of tropical wines made from mango, guava, passion fruits, lychee and even star fruit. If you live in one of their authorized distribution states I recommend treating your self to a bottle of fabulous wine from Schnebly

Although this dream of mine has come to fruition, my husband has actually taken it completely over. The up side is that I get served coffee.

If you are in need of a well deserved coffee break, I strongly recommend a Coffee Bar for your home.

So far this has been my favorite home project for this year. What's your favorite home project (done or planned for the future) for 2014?


          Don't Forget to Add a Feature Button!
Ivy and Elephants


We are partying with these fine folks:
Come show off your whatchamacallits, what is its, what it once was, and "hey, look what I just did" posts. In other words, what you created, organized, designed or re-designed, found, purchased, transformed, inherited, re-purposed, renovated, are selling, or giving-away.


39 comments:

Meg said...

Thank you Paula for featuring my post on your beautiful blog xxxx

Susie said...

Paula, That is a beautiful coffee bar. Og course I love the old coffee things. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Another great post and features!!

Thanks for the party!!

Hugs,
Deb

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

Love all the features and thank you for including my Pansy Basket Door Wreath among them! What an honor! Thanks for hosting your awesome parties!!!

Robyn said...

Gosh, Paula, whenever I visit you ladies I just get lost in the lovely images and your lively description of things.
Your attention to detail is always so impressive. Beautifully done!
My project has been trying to improve my photography but I think I've been going backwards, lol. Have a great day.

Jill Harrison said...

love your coffee bar. I can see that this piece of furniture could reinvent itself as all sorts of things.
Have a wonderful week, and thanks for hosting.

The French Hutch said...

I love the idea of a coffee bar. I usually make one when we have guests. Thanks for hosting............

Vintage Paint and more... said...

A coffee bar - what a wonderful addition to any home... yours is beautiful... thank you for hosting such a great party...Cathy

Unknown said...

Oh Paula, I love your coffee bar and all of the lovely accoutrements you've found to make it so special. I have a Keurig too and it is kind of crowded where I have it but room is tight in my kitchen. I think a coffee bar area needs to be on my list of "must haves" for my next house.
Thank you for hosting this lovely party and blessings to you,
Patti

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

How sweet of you to feature my post! It's always my pleasure to stop by every week for your party! Hugs, Penny

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Paula,
Love your coffee bar! That is really neat, and sorta nice your hubby took it over especially since you get
served coffee now.....not a bad
deal! lol
I have a coffee cup a friend gave me, and my hubby has taken it over,
he loves that cup. It is a pretty
Robin's egg blue with a bit of a
coastal look......he asked me the other day if I told my friend Becky that he liked his cup!! lol

Would love to try some of that shaved chocolate....sounds yummy for sure...we went to a restaurant once and after our meal we had ordered coffee and dessert, and they brought out this lovely glass tray with all these
assorted toppings for our coffee,
it was so elegant and wonderful.
Wish I could think of all the things they put on there, but I do
remember cinnamon, and marshmallows, and shaved chocolate,
seems like there was coconut too.
Anyway, I loved it and had never
seen that done anywhere before.

Well, thanks for hosting as always,
Blessings, Nellie

Our Hopeful Home said...

What a fun project, it keeps on giving! And now I think I'll have to get me some sugar cubes to have with my afternoon vanilla caramel tea! Thanks for hosting.
xoKathleen

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Love your coffee bar Paula.. Beautiful post! Thank you!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Somehow, I know feel like my house is missing a coffee bar...

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

What a wonderful treat for your family and your guests and you've arranged it so sweetly!!! Love that tilting tea pot on the warmer...BEAUTIFUL~~~

Trisha said...

I recently set up a coffee bar in my home too and I love it! Thanks for a great party!

~Trisha

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your coffee-bar is awesome Paula, I wish I had a space for it too!
Great post, swoon! Always lovely features! Hope you had a lovely Easter.
FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh...thank you for having me at the party!

Fabby

Curtains in My Tree said...

Love the coffee bar , I always has a coffee corner in my kitchen when I drank 12 cups a day !

Your coffee set up is so should I say cool or just plain handy and inviting?

You have it all girl

Lou Lou Girls said...

Your blog makes me smile. I never miss your party. If you get a chance, I would really appreciate it if you could stop by our newbie party, it's only our 3rd one. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
Have a fabulous day!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a lovely coffee bar, Paula...so many pretty serving pieces, and very usable, too! Thanks for hosting the party!

must love junk said...

What a fun coffee/wine bar! :)
Thanks for hosting!
Susan

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Simply great idea~ Paula, you have the most amazing accessories. Great features too. Thanks for hosting. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Tarnished Royalty said...

You have created yourself a great little coffee bar! I love my Keurig, coffee hasn't been the same since I got it 2 Christmases ago! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Alessandra said...

I love coffee! Great idea to have a coffee bar. It's a beautiful place to have a coffee break. Your items are very beautiful
Kisses
Alessandra

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

What a wonderful idea! Great post. I love the idea of using the upgraded and pretty disposable flatware! Thank you for hosting ans sharing.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Love the coffee bar and all your beautiful coffee accessories. The features this week are so inspiring too! Thanks for hosting this week!
Hugs,
Jody

Susan Freeman said...

Your coffee bar is terrific! Thanks for the party Paula.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Oops, I almost missed the party, Paula - must be the time difference lol Beautiful coffee bar - so handy :) Thanks for the party! Autumn hugs from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Lori Lehman said...

Love the the coffee bar!! So many cool details!! I love those mugs too! Have a wonderful week! And thank you for hosting the party!!

Shannon said...

Thanks for hosting! What a great coffee bar. I don't drink coffee, but this makes me want to enjoy a cup.

Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

NanaDiana said...

We have a coffee bar, too, and I just love it. I have never seen those honey straws before but my husband would LOVE those. You have some beautiful features here, too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Paula- xo Diana

Lou Lou Girls said...

Love the coffee bar! Pinned!! Beautiful blog! Thanks again for stopping by our party. Please swing by on Tuesday, I love your ideas! Lou Lou Girls http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/

Red Rose Alley said...

Paula,
Your coffee bar is great. It looks very similar to one that I had many years ago, and gave it to Jess. It's a lovely idea to have a place to serve coffee and wine for your guests when they come over. Those honey straws are cool; I've never seen them before. The silver tea pot is so pretty. I love old things.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I almost forgot.....the white rose cup is gorgeous. I would love to have one just like it. You know how much I love roses.

~me

Unknown said...

Lovely and elegant as always:)

lynn cockrell said...

Paula, your coffee bar is great! So nice that you have every thing you need right at hand. Everything looks beautiful!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Hi Paula! I don't drink coffee, never have:) I know, it's very odd. But my hubby drinks it every morning and we have a Keurig just because he is the only one drinking it. I love your coffee staion, great idea to use a bakers rack and have everything together! Thanks again for hosting. So glad to be back home and blogging and partying again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ivy and Elephants
Gratitude is the Memory of the Heart ~ French Proverb ~ We are so grateful that you stopped by ~ Please visit again soon! ~ Much Love, Patricia and Paula